We are company number 08924337 registered in the United Kingdom.
Our Registered office is at 7 Redbridge Lane East, Ilford, Essex, IG4 5ET.
- The personal information we collect
- How and why we collect your personal information
- Why we process your personal
- Information relating to your method of payment
- If, when and why we will disclose your personal information to third parties or any other organisations
- The rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal information
- The steps we take to ensure your information is kept secure and confidential
- How long we will hold your information for
- How to contact us
- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all the information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In context of the law and this notice, “process” means, collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy with, that the only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidently fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data. To comply with this, we request now that you read the information provided at knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website or mobile applications.
The basis on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of six bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant, then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law, we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
The categories are as follows:
- Legal Obligation
- Vital Interests
- Public Task
- Legitimate interests
The basis that we will process your information are given and explained below:
When you create an account whether it be on our website, mobile application, or purchase our service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. The information we will process are the following:
- Personal contact number
- Email Address
We collect and process this information to ensure we can provide you with our service.
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you choose to opt in to our mailing service, you provide consent to us to process information that may be personal.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website or mobile application.
Even if you have given us explicit permission, we do not or ever intend to pass or sell your information onto third parties.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
We would only process your information with legitimate interest on the basis on the following:
Record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business
Responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
We may process your information from one or more from these categories for its intended purpose, if your information does not become relevant under any of these categories we will immediately stop processing your data.
Information relating to your method of payment
We store some non-identifiable information about your debit and/or credit card payment method only on our mobile application if you so wish. If you do choose to save your card payment method, the card number is tokenised (represented by a random string of characters) and encrypted meaning only our PCI compliant payment processor can process a payment and only if it comes via our systems.
We do not store information about your credit and/or debit card for payments processed through our website.
We store this payment information at your request in order to make repeat purchasing of goods and services easier next time you use our mobile application.
We take the following measures to protect your payment information:
- We keep your payment information encrypted on our servers
- We do not keep all your payment information so as:
- To prevent the possibility of our duplicating a transaction without a new instruction from you;
- To prevent any else carrying out a transaction without your consent
- Access to your payment is restricted to ONLY authorised staff.
- If we ask you questions about your payment information, we will only ask and/or show the last four digits of the credit/debit card number, so that you can identify the means of payment to which we refer.
Disclosure of your personal information to third parties or any other organisations
The personal information that we collect when you use any of our services is confidential. We do not or intend to share or sell any of your information.
The only exceptions are as follows:
- If required by law to do so
- If required by any court, or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, governmental or law enforcement agency
- If necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings
- In line with our Terms and Conditions
Your information rights and responsibilities
You already have certain rights under existing data protection legislation, including a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you, if you request it in writing. From 25th May 2018 you will have the following rights:
- Right to correct: the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems
- Right to restrict our use of your information: the right to “block” us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it
- Right to data portability: the right to request we move, copy or transfer your personal information
- Right to object: the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests. If you raise an objection we will stop processing your personal information unless very exceptional circumstances apply, in which case we will let you know why we’re continuing to process your personal information.
We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to provide you with your rights in accordance with data protection legislation.
After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
When we receive any requests to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
EVO Taxis website uses temporary cookies, which are only used during the booking process. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to store on a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser. This is useful for having the browser remember some specific information
Keeping your information safe and secure
All the information you give us is protected by a secure server. The secure server software SSL (Secure Socket Layers) encrypts all information you enter before it is sent to us. The information is only de-encrypted when it reaches our server. You can tell our site is secure as a small locked padlock will appear in the bottom left of your browser to show that you can safely send credit card details through our site. Another indicator is that our secure pages will not display a security alert message. We also have a dedicated Firewall security software in place to protect our internal information from the Internet.
We also set the same type of encryption for our mobile application.
How long do we keep your personal information
If you have registered for any of our services, and do not use them for reasonable time we may contact you to see if you still require our services, if this the case we shall offer you the choice to exercise your right to deletion.
How you can complain
Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website, mobile applications or our service.
If you have any questions or queries relating to our use of your personal information or any other related data protection questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Data Office, 5 Gatwick Metro Centre, Balcombe Road, Horley, Surrey, RH6 9GA.